Massage Therapists Wanted
Deep Tissue, Remedial, Sport Massage
We are looking for a full time massage therapist to join our growing team.
Serenity is growing
We have grown beyond our capacity to serve our expanding clients base and are adding more massage rooms at our current location. We’re looking for someone exceptional to serve our clients’ busy schedules. Someone who can be flexible and willing to work some evenings and weekends.
We will train you
We are primarily seeking a massage therapist with at least Level 5 relevant qualification OR at least 3 years experience training in remedial or therapeutic massage with a proven history in giving really good deep tissue massages. We will also offer training for other services where needed including Chocolate Massage, Essential Oil Massage, Cupping and Hot Stone Massage.
We are offering to pay between $30-$32 per hour depending on experience and we are seeking someone to work full time, 30-35 hours per week. We offer additional commisions on some products and services and you can expect to earn upwards of $900 per week (gross).
To apply, all we need from you is your CV (Resume), a cover letter and availability. We will contact our top shortlisted applicants with details of the next steps in our recruitment process.
Who we are looking for
The following are the desired expectations; however, the position is not limited to this description:
● Contribute to creating a warm, friendly and welcoming environment
● Offering a professional front line service
● All clients are met and greeted on arrival at the clinic
● New clients to complete intake forms
● Take note of client information, health history and note any health conditions
● Keep documentation and maintain client record notes, conditions, health history and progress
● Set up rooms for treatment
● Maintain comfortable massage room temperature by adjusting heat pump thermostat
● Set up music and lighting to create comfortable experience
● Schedule clients into scheduling software and maintain client notes
● Communicate to clients via text, email, online chats and phone calls
● Process payments through cash, eftpos and online transactions
● Keep track of daily totals
● Participate in networking events and liaising with prospective and current partners in health
● Facilitate product sales
● Rendering a range of massage services including therapeutic, deep tissue, sports, relaxation, pregnancy,
fascia release, cupping, etc.
● Undergo training and continuing education to upskill and expand range of services
● Provide guidance on stretching, posture, muscle strength and overall mental and physical health tips
● Maintain an overall clean working environment in all rooms and outside
● Maintain equipment and keeping track and reporting of any issues with equipment
● Refilling supplies, keeping track of and reporting low stock and supplies
● Assisting with coordinating laundry services and keeping track of stock levels for towels, sheets, linen
● Maintain professional work attire
● Uphold hygiene standards and follow health and safety regulations
● Attend and participate in team meetings, huddles and staff training
Hey awesome team! I just wanted to let you know that last night was my first full night sleep in almost 6 months and I am almost pain free! I really think 3 consecutive weeks of float and massage combinations is what has made the difference and this morning I feel like a new woman! I am so thankful for the treatments you offer and especially the peaceful and welcoming atmosphere you create every time I visit. I am definitely sending everyone I know your way because you are well worth the investment.
All we need from you is your CV (Resume), a cover letter, your current pay per week and availability. We will contact our top shortlisted applicants with details of the next steps in our recruitment process.
4 Reasons Why Pregnant Mums Should Float
Serenity Float and Massage Team15 June 2019Pregnancy is a special time for the expectant mother but that does not mean it is without its challenges and discomforts. During pregnancy, a woman’s body is under additional stress, with added pressure on her pelvis and...read more
Benefits of massage
INTEROCEPTION Benefits of MassageSerenity Float and Massage Team14 April 2019Massages are generally viewed as a wonderful form of self care, for relaxation and aches and pains. However, there are more incredible, lesser-known benefits to massage as well, making them...read more
Feeling Stressed? Simply just thinking about your partner may help
According to a recently published study on how stress is affected when in the presence of, or thinking about your romantic partner, it helps to be in love.read more